Know how to jump start a battery?
Jump Start your battery with ease
Sometimes we end up crossing the highway or around the corner or worst forget leave the lights on in the car and before we know it, our battery is died . Boy or boy that is why we would like you get going sooner than later. Keep jumper cables safely because you going to need this.
Here’s some guidelines to look for :
Both batteries should be of the same voltage (6Vor 12V)
- When jump starting, always wear proper eye protection and never lean over the battery.
- Do not jump start a damaged battery; inspect both batteries before connecting booster cables.
- Be sure vent caps are tight and level.
- Be sure that the vehicles are not touching and that both ignition switches are in the “OFF” position.
- Turn off all electrical equipment (radio, defroster, windshield wipers, lights, etc.)
THE FOLLOWING STEPS SHOULD BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY.
- Connect positive (+) booster cable to positive (+) terminal of discharged battery.
- Connect other end of positive (+) cable to positive (+) terminal of assisting battery.
- Connect negative (-) cable to negative (-) terminal of assisting battery.
- Once cables are connected now be sure you use a torch to see the both cables are connected properly
- Be sure that cables are clear of fan blades, belts and other moving parts of both engines.
- Start the car make sure your gears are on neutral, and give it some time then remove cables in REVERSE order of connections.
- Lastly drive around so the battery charges. If you have any battery failures, drive through to our branches and we will do a quick battery test.